Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Relaxin' & Campin'

This year we decided to buy a new camper! We sold the boat which we had won. And then we sold our old camper to our friends Karen & Dave! We had originally bought the old camper from them and they were excited to be able to buy it back!
Here is our new camper! It is a hole heck of alot roomier than our old one! It is a 30' North Country with quad bunks and a slide out! Great for when the kids have friends spent the weekend with us or when our niece from Savannah comes and stays with us!
I could not believe how big it was once it was hooked to the truck! This was what I saw when I came out of the showroom and they had it all hooked up and ready to go! I said, "YIKES, we have to pull THAT home???" Mind you, it was THE windiest day of the year and we had a 2 1/2 hour drive! I was biting my nails! It was nothing for my hubbie!
This was our old camper! It was a 2001 24' Layton Scout! We loved it! It was a great starter camper for us! It had 2 bunks in the back for the kids and a full bed up front for us along with a little dinette and kitchen area! We are sure that Karen & Dave will enjoy camping in it again!


This is an inside pic of our new camper! Check out all the space! You would not believe how many empty cupboards I now have! Bart says that they won't be empty for long!



This was the inside of our old camper! See the difference?? We won't know how to act on a rainy day! We left a basket with wine, chips & salsa, pasta & sauce and stuff for gourmet s'mores in it for Karen & Dave to enjoy! We wish them many happy campfires!


We love to camp! It is great to be outdoors sittin' next to a campfire! And nothin' beats campfire cookin'! If anyone has any campfire recipes that they'd love to share, please post them here! I'd love to see some! I'll start sharin' some of ours soon! I'll post more campin' pics and campfire recipes as the campin' season continues!






No comments: