Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Farewell to Pierpont Elementary School

Farewell to Pierpont Elementary School. On Thursday, June 4th we said good-bye to Pierpont Elementary School as students roamed the halls for the last time. I took some awesome pics and want to share some with all of you!
********************
This is on the front of the school...


************
Some of us went out and rang the very old bell out front as the children loaded the buses. This bell is from the original Pierpont School !
********************
Here the buses are lined up for the last time to pick up students at Pierpont. Next year, our students will be bussed up to Kingsville. Some students will also open enroll in surrounding school districts.

**********************
We all waved Good-bye as the buses left. The bus drivers blew their horns. Many students were in tears. Many of us adults were in tears. After the buses left, there were many tears and hugs as we all comforted each other!



************************
Cody rang the bell just before we left the school.


*****************
Now it is time for a new beginning. Our community will miss our small community school. I know I myself have made many wonderful friends through the school. People that do not live in a small rural community like ours do not have any idea at all how important our school was to our community. I know for me, it was the social center of our community. It was how I met everyone I know when we moved here. Many people, including my husband grew up here and knew each other. The school was a great opportunity for me to volunteer and get to know everyone! Thank you Pierpont Elementary School, you will always hold a very special place in my heart!





No comments: