Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree!!

Can you believe it??? 50 days until Christmas!! I am soooooo excited! Many thanks to Beth for helping me get that adorable count down tree on my page! For those of you that do not know me...I LOVE CHRISTMAS! I have a full size Christmas tree in EVERY room! Each one has a theme! And now let me tell you a story....

I had to promise my husband that I would not bring home ANY more Christmas trees. (sob sob sob)....but I promised.....(sob sob sob). Well....one year, I went out on New Year's Day morning after gettin' my ol' crown roast & sauerkraut in the oven....I was in Walmart and there was this cart full of Christmas trees. I must have had "I LOVE CHRISTMAS TREES" written on my forehead because the Walmart worker just had to mention to me that these tress were being taken up front and marked $5.00.....YES--- FIVE DOLLARS!! (They were $180.00 trees). Well, now you have to remember that I made my loving husband a promise... NO MORE CHRISTMAS TREES! Darn it, darn it, darn it....what WAS I thinking when I made that promise...so I said, "no thanks." Well I started walking around....and started thinking....I go back to the lady with the trees and said, "DID YOU SAY $5.00??" Because maybe I misunderstood her and then I would not feel bad if they were $50.00! She said, "Yep--$5.00, we want to get rid of them!" Oh Gosh-----"Alright, I'll take one...." She takes it up front for me. Well---I am not one to pass up a good deal....so when I get up front...I tell her, "I'll take another one!!" (HOLY CRAP---what am I thinking???? Now I have not one but TWO new Christmas trees!) So I pay for them....I am trying to get these huge things in my vehicle and guess what happens??? Then local newspaper is taking MY picture! The photographer comes over to get my name so I ask him to help me get these huge things in my vehicle. Now I proceed to go home. Well---knowing I am going to be busted when my picture is in the paper, I have to tell my husband. So when he asks what I bought...I start out by telling him about the $180.00 trees for $5.00. You know you have to tell the original price first because they can not hear once you say "I BOUGHT..." So he says, "Well for that price, did you buy one?" I was honest and said, "no........I bought TWO!" (My plan was to get them home and unload my car the next day after he went to work...by the following year, he would not even notice the extra trees!) So he helped me unload them. Thank goodness, because there was no way I was going to move those boxes! We did end up donating one of the trees to our local playschool. We decorated it and then raffled off a fully decorated tree. So in the end, it all worked out!

So as I begin to start decorating all my trees, I'll keep you all posted! I may even start next week! I love to have it all done before Thanksgiving!

No comments: