Thursday, November 13, 2008

Oh The First Snowfall of the Season...


What a change from the fall photo above! We had our first major snowfall on Monday, November 10! We woke up to this beautiful white stuff! There is nothing more exciting than the first snowfall! And as a tradition for the last 10 years, I ALWAYS ALWAYS call my good friend Beth and play Karen Carpenter singing "The First Snowfall of the Season!" It's tradition! I started doing it 10 years ago when we moved out here. She moved to North Carolina 3 years ago and I still do it! I love snow when I can stay home and watch it out the window! Living out in the country makes it even more beautiful! Looking over to the woods and seeing it accumulate on the branches....the bright red cardinals coming to the feeder....the wind creating snow ponies out in the fields....
Although I must say...when we lived in the city, we would bundle up and put our daughter on a sled and pull her around the neighborhood with the big fluffy flakes falling around us. That was fun too! But I still think winter out here in the country is unforgettable! I am sure the kids will grow up with many great memories to share!
All the snow really put me in the mood for Christmas! And I was excited to see that XM Radio started playing their holiday music 24/7 on Channel 34! You can guess where I have my dial set! I am hoping to start decorating any day now! I'll keep you all posted!

3 comments:

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

I knew you were gonna post this pic, so I grabbed a tissue first! I MISS THE SNOW !!! I know, most people think I am nuts but only the people that have lived with the snow understand what a joy being snowed in is! Oh how I loved that, being all snow bound and snuggly in the house with candles burning and a roast in the oven and getting stuff done that you have been putting off.....I need another tissue................BV

Anonymous said...

Christmas music already????? KKKKEEELLLYYY!!!! I didn't even get out my winter cloths yet and it's suppose to snow here tonight. I guess I better get on that - hehehe. I love you guys and miss you! Wanna go camping???

XOXO
Michele

Anonymous said...

Great blog! I hope you tell your friends how much the master gardeners appreciated your bow making at our wreath workshop. Please also post pictures of your Christmas trees.