Friday, November 7, 2008

Whoa!



Oh what fun!! I did something unexpected today! I rode a horse!! I dropped my son Cody off at a friend's house and his friend's mom had her two horses saddled up! She asked Cody if he wanted to ride but he said no. So she asked me!! It has been a year and a half since I have been on a horse. We rode around their property. Oh how relaxing! There is nothing better than to be able to leisurely ride around and enjoy the scenery on a horse!

That leads me to a story...I have always been afraid of horses! Why, you ask? Well....you ever notice how they kind of have that Orca eye? You know the eye I am talking about! That movie Orca where the whale just stares at the people on the boat before attacking them!! YIKES!! Whenever I see a horse's eye--I immediately think ORCA!! Well....when my daughter Tori was little, she wanted to take horse riding lessons. Okay. So I signed her up and took her to the stable. We walk to the door and Oh Holy Crud, the lady we are supposed to see is ALL THE WAY DOWN AT THE OTHER END OF THE STABLE! And all I could see were ORCA eyes EVERYWHERE! All the horses (and all the kings men...just kidding) had their heads hanging out the stalls looking at us! And I had to walk the entire length to get to that lady. Take a deep breath, I kept telling myself! I have to do this for my daughter! So I stayed right in the middle of the aisle and tried not to look at those darn Orca eyes! Tori is in her glory--"Look mom! Look at this one...Look at that one!" God, please get me to the other end of this stable! Well lo and behold, Tori decided she wasn't taking lessons unless I was taking them! So...needless to say, I ended up taking riding lessons! And I really enjoyed it! Now that Orca eye doesn't bother me! As a matter of fact, last year we went to Mohican Wilderness for vacation and our package deal included trail riding. My daughter and I went EVERYDAY! We had a blast!

No comments: